Saturday 8 June 2013

Vestfyen - Premium Kellerpils

Vestfyen are most known nowadays for brewing all the cheap crap available at discount supermarkets like Aldi, Kiwi and Lidl.

I have to admit I absolutely hate Vestfyen beer, well it is not to hard to hate as most* of it is so bad you might as well buy it to clean your drains with. My last outing with them was their Støckel series, the Weissbier being so bad I thought the can was bad/off so bought another to try it again...ohhh no, it really was meant to taste like industrial drain cleaner.

*Exceptions for me being their Schwarzbier and normally the Willemoes christmas.

So while out shopping today the self-masochist in me being curious I picked up the three of their new 'Premium' range which consists of Kellerpils, Cream Ale and Chocolate Brown for the lowly discount sum of 8 DKR each. If the Kellerpils does not end up in the drain I will blog about the other two at another time, very low expectations here eh ?

If anything, it's claim to fame can be it is the first canned beer to feature on this blog.

Kellerpils pours an unfiltered cloudy straw gold with a quick diminishing white soapy bubble head.  Citrus, peach and hops on the intake with a short mildly bitter finish. In the short aftertaste there is some mild floral hops. Mouthfeel is quite good and not as watery as I thought it would turn out to be.

Quite a surprise this one and a lot better than I expected ! Perhaps it helps when starting off with really really low expectations. At this price it is hard to gripe though I do have one..the beer is totally lifeless in the glass not long after pouring. I would have no problems buying this again, cheapskate that I am.

This one scored 7/10 on my 'VFM - value for money' Beerometer.

Alc : 4.8%
Where to buy CPH : Kiwi



No comments:

Post a Comment