Thursday 20 June 2013

Kona - Longboard Island Lager

I have tried a couple from this brewery before, the one that sticks in the memory was their pipeline porter which I scored highly in my own beer notes before starting this blog. This is the first American beer on this blog, at least that will be its claim to fame whatever it is like...

No aroma on the pour worth mentioning.

Longboard Island Lager pours yellow gold with a soapy white head. Sweet and malty on the intake with some grass. A tiny bit of fruit on the very mild bitter finish. Next to nothing in the aftertaste apart from a bit of the malty sweetness. Watery mouthfeel.

Very underwhelming beer with next to nothing going on. As I was drinking it, the back of my mind was screaming that I'd be as well drinking a normal Carlsberg, yep for me it is that mediocre. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking when importing beer like this. There is so much good American beer and far better from this brewery as well, it boggles my mind that they can come up with such an average beer like this.

As you maybe can tell, this 'Premium Lager' just made me shrug my shoulders. Not one I'd buy or drink again. This scored a limp 3/10 on the 'we have enough average lager already, no need to import more' Beerometer.

Alc : 4.6%
Where to buy CPH : Super Brugsen












No comments:

Post a Comment