Saturday 8 June 2013

Lervig - Hoppy Joe

The first Norwegian beer on this blog. I've had a few beers from Lervig in the past not counting the other three which are Lucky Jack, Betty Brown and White Dog which are always available where I bought this. A Norwegian friend of mine has supplied me with a few others over time including the memorable Brewers Reserve Konrads Stout which I loved and is worth looking out for.

On to this beer which is styled as a red ale.

Big wafts of hops off this one when pouring, which in this instance I made an arse of...

Hoppy Joe pours a hazy amber red with a medium off-white to beige head. Light malt, grape and tropical fruits, pine and hops on the intake with a long bitter finish.  There is a long lingering dry hoppy bitterness and grapefruit  in the aftertaste

I have bought this a few times so no need for the would I buy again comment. It is very decent for the price though my only gripes would be there is a bit too much carbonation and the body is a bit thin for my own personal liking.

This scored a generous 7/10 on my 'hey, norwegians need friends too' Beerometer.

Alc : 4.7%
Where to buy CPH : Irma

No comments:

Post a Comment