Saturday 8 June 2013

Amager Bryghus - No Rice & Curry

I love the name of this and the story on the back of the label which is in Danish and a bit long winded so I'm not going to translate. I picked this one up from my once a fortnight trips to Kihoskh though I have seen it in a few places.

No Rice & Curry is a Premium Lager. It says India Pale Lager on the label so I was thinking perhaps it could replace distinctly average beers like Cobra and Kingfisher to go with the world europe denmark copenhagen vesterbro skydebanegade famous chicken tikka masala I'm making for a few guests we have around tonight. I guess I better taste it to find out, which in my book is as good an excuse as any for trying a new beer.

Wafts of citrus zest and floral hops from this when pouring.

No Rice & Curry pours a cloudy yellow gold with a big soapy bubble white head. Quite sweet on the intake with citrus fruits, hops and light malt with a pine and hoppy bitter finish. Grapefruit lingers in a mildly bitter aftertaste.

Quite a humdinger of a Premium Lager and very crisp. I have no problem with hiding the other four bottles from my guests...'Cobra ? '

This scored a whopping 8/10 on my ' This is a real PREMIUM lager ' beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53 - Ølbutikken, Istedgade 44..Both Kbh V.









No comments:

Post a Comment