Friday 21 June 2013

Braunstein - Økologisk Sommer

This is one of these beers I just seem to walk by every day in the supermarket aisles while shopping without giving a second thought...my wife picked this one up for me ! :)  I've had a good few beers from this brewery before but nothing that gave any wow factor though I did like their attempt at a vienna styled oktoberfest which I thought was quite tasty.

Styled as an american pale ale.

A light waft of sweet malt when pouring and nothing much else.

Braunstein  Økologisk Sommer ( Eng: Organic Summer) pours a hazy yellow to orange with a thin white head. Sweet malt, caramel, some spice and yeast on the intake with a very mild bitter finish. Very faint floral hops in the aftertaste along with sweet malt and diactyl butter. Quite a nice light creamy mouthfeel.

An american pale ale ? Someone is extracting the urine here. I might be missing something but where is the hops in this ? Yet another extremely average beer from this brewery and yet another extremely average organic beer, can anyone point me to a good decent organic beer and preferably without the diactyl which has been the curse of the last three I have drunk ? Answers on a postcard to @fsicrew on twitter.

As you might guess I will not be buying another or drinking this again. This scored 2/10 on the 'pale ale ? yer havin' a laugh mate' Beerometer.

Alc : 4.5%
Where to buy CPH : Netto


No comments:

Post a Comment