Sunday 23 June 2013

Mikkeller - Beer Geek Breakfast

Breaking my 'I don't drink stout in the summer' motto yet again as I picked up a couple of stouts during a little hunt around a couple of bottle shops on friday. I have had this before when it was brewed at Nøgne Ø,  it is now brewed at Lervig.




Wafts of coffee and dark chocolate on the pour.

Beer Geek breakfast pours pitch black with a thick creamy brown head which leaves good lacing all the way down. Roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, licorice and a bit of smoke on the very slightly sweet intake while the finish has a mild pine bitterness. Roasted malt, coffee and hoppy pine linger in the long aftertaste. The mouthfeel is very smooth and creamy with low carbonation. The coffee taste is rounded and not overpowering all the other flavours. I feel it is far less acidic than other coffee stouts I have tried.

An absolute cracking beer and probably one of the best oatmeal stouts I've tried. One of them beers I'd recommend to any stout lover to try. I would have no problem with trading one of my kids for another bottle though it is not at all expensive or hard to get. It is not a beer I could drink more than one, more like one I would drink on a special occasion or as a treat for myself.

The first beer to score 10/10 on the ' all things considered, it don't get much better than this' Beerometer.

Alc : 7.5%
Where to buy CPH : Høkeren  which I've noticed is a good bit cheaper than the other bottle shops on most of their beers. Another win !




No comments:

Post a Comment