Friday 7 June 2013

Mikkeller Kihoskh - Cream Ale

Another in the series of Kihoskh's own brew. This was not in stock the last time I was in but I popped in today and picked this up and a few others. Bit chaotic in that corner shop today though I did have a smile on my face at two ladies who looked like they knew exactly what they were going for, in this case a few bottles from  Evil Twin and To Øl, respect to them ! Male chauvinist, who me ?

I've had this one before quite a few times over the last year or so...

Wafts of orange, lemon peel, peach and hops hit the nose on the pour.

Cream Ale pours a hazy golden orange with a medium white head. Lots of citrus fruit on the intake, well it does say 'with orange and lemon peel' on the label, along with a faint malt background and a moderate bitter finish. Pine and grapefruit dominate the quite long aftertaste.

Another fine summer beer, for me anyway. As said I've had this a few times now so obviously no problems buying again. I do have a gripe though...what makes this a cream ale ? Answers on a postcard please !

This scored 7/10 on my 'thank f... it's not a wheat' Beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V




No comments:

Post a Comment