Monday 3 June 2013

Hofbrau Kaltenhausen - Edelweiss Weissbier Snowfresh

Did I mention I hate mondays before ? Hopefully this one can cheer me up.

I don't think I've ever seen any Austrian beer before in my local supermarkets, maybe I'm not looking hard enough. That this is a hefeweizen it fits in perfectly with this weeks theme which is wheat.

Huge waft of bananas and yeast when opening this. Snowfresh pours cloudy gold with a medium white head. Yeast, cloves, bubblegum and bananas dominate a sweet intake while it finishes slightly dry. Banana and yeast again along with herbs linger in the aftertaste.

I have passed this one by many times, maybe due to the cliche name. Shame on me as it is a lot better than I expected..which is always a bonus in my book ! My only gripe, not a big enough bottle.

This beer scored a generous 7/10 on the wheat wit hvede weizen whut ? beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy CPH : Føtex & Bilka




No comments:

Post a Comment