Sunday 2 June 2013

Cairngorm - Wildcat & Round Up.

The last in my series of the Cairngorm Breweries range...So some thoughts and a round up below.

Wildcat pours clear dark coppery amber with a medium creamy off-white head. Lots of roasted and smoked malt, caramel and licorice on the intake and finishes dry, mildly bitter and slightly sweet . Hops linger in the aftertaste.

A stunning looking beer which I enjoyed drinking. Very easy to drink and would have no problem buying another. If I had any gripe it would be it feels a bit over carbonated.

This scored 6.5/10 on my lazy sunday, just had an afternoon nap beerometer.

Alc : 5.1%
Where to buy CPH : Try Abigails shop in town.


Round up

I've enjoyed going through this Cairngorm range. There has been some very decent, some above average and some very mediocre. Thankfully, none I would class as a drainpour.

If I was going to buy any three again it would be Trade Winds, Black Gold and Wildcat...in that order. This of course is my own personal view as in my mind all taste is subjective. Your own taste might and probably will be very different to my own.

I got asked why I did not mention the nose more on this beer blog ? I can only answer that I find it quite pointless as it might be the best smelling brew ever but taste totally crap, I'd just rather skip the starter and get onto the main course.

If there is a good waft of aromas coming off the beer then I will mention it but you will never find me with my nose up close to uncapped bottles or a poured beer sniffing away !


No comments:

Post a Comment