Saturday 1 June 2013

Cairngorm - Trade Winds

On the descent now with this batch of Cairngorms. I'm pretty sure I've seen this on draught in town before in Charlies Bar a good while back though I passed on it, will I regret it ?...

Trade Winds is a blond ale. A nice hoppy floral aroma wafts out when uncapped. Pours a clear gold with a creamy medium white head.

A lot of citrus fruit, hops and a little malt in the background on the intake with a mild dry bitter finish. The aftertaste is dominated by elderflower and a small touch of honey.

There is nothing that complex over this beer but it certainly put a smile on my face. What an idiot for passing on the draught ! Very fresh tasting summer beer and I'd have no second thoughts if the opportunity arose to get a few more bottles in.

All the conditions were right when drinking this, maybe need to revisit when it's lashing down and miserable.

This scored 7/10 on my 'saving the best to second last ?' beerometer.



Alc : 4.3%
Where to buy CPH : Abigails british food shop in town has a selection of Cairngorms in that are not listed in the web shop though I can't remember if this was among them.


No comments:

Post a Comment