Friday 7 June 2013

Indslev x 2 - Svane Hvede & Hvede I.P.A

These were not the beers I intended to write about today as my dearest wife and a couple of her friends were gearing up for the Bon Jovi concert who was playing in Parken, the national stadium yesterday. Anyway, lets just say I came home to a coffee table with a good few empty bottles on it, two of which I was going to blog about. You win some, you lose some.

Yesterday was not a total beer free write off, as I did pick up a couple of beers from Celt Experience which were on offer from Rema1000, which is a discount supermarket. No doubt, a post next week sometime.

Svane Hvede 


Svane Hvede (eng: swan wheat) is styled a german hefeweizen. Aromas of cloves and banana when pouring. The beer pours cloudy gold with a big thick white head. Banana, yeast, wheat and cloves on the intake with a long sharp and sweet banana finish. Lemon peel and some slightly bitter herbs linger in the aftertatste.

Overall, everything you would expect in a german hefeweisen with no surprises and I've no gripes with it. Not one I'd rush out and buy again but would not say no to one if offered. Decent enough and scored 5.5/10 on my 'I may be getting tired of wheat' Beerometer.

Alc : 4.9%
Where to buy CPH : Super Brugsen.




Hvede I.P.A

Hvede Indslev Pale Ale. Aromas of banana and hops off the pour. Pours a cloudy orange gold with a frothy white head. Sweet on the intake with banana, orange, peach and floral hops while the finish is mild bitter. The aftertaste is a bitter citrus peel and hoppy. Quite a bit creamy in the mouthfeel. My only gripe, the hops feel a bit harsh like they went for bitterness but forgot about the flavour.

Interesting and decent beer this one though no wow moments. I don't think I'd buy this again. This scored 6.5/10 on my 'the chubby lady has sung and it's wheat no more..for a few days' Beerometer.

Alc : 5.5%
Where to buy CPH : Super Brugsen



As this was beer 6 and 7 in wheat week I think I'll call it quits with wheat for a little while and move on to some more variation.









No comments:

Post a Comment