Saturday 6 July 2013

Williams Brothers(Heather Ales) - Fraoch

I've been keeping this one back for a while. I don't know why as I thought the Ebulum was extremely good, perhaps because of a Scottish overdose after finishing all the Cairgorm range. After tasting a few of their other brews the past weekend when out I think it is time to give this heather ale a go....

Sweet malt and ginger spice waft from this on the pour.

Fraoch pours clear amber gold with a creamy white head which leaves good lacing all the way down.  Sweet on the intake with mild ginger, floral from the heather, honey and malt. The finish is crisp and slightly bitter with a sharpness from the ginger. Honey, malt and heather linger in a very pleasant aftertaste. Lowly carbonated, there is a smooth mouthfeel to this.

I quite like this. It is light, refreshing and very easy to drink. You would not go far wrong if drinking this as a summer ale. While there is nothing earth shattering about it I would have no problem drinking this on a session on or buying again. No gripes on this one, I must be in a good mood.

This scored 6/10 on the 'Heather, remember the boots I made for you ?' Beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy CPH : Last seen available in Fish & Beer a month ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment