Monday 1 July 2013

Green Flash - Grand Cru

Moving into dangerous territory with me for the last part in a American quadruple of posts. This one being styled a Belgian Strong Ale. If you have read this blog before then you will have read that I am very indifferent, or perhaps the correct word being moody concerning Belgian Ales, one minute the worlds best beer and the next totally turned off.

On to Green Flash Grand Cru..I have had the pleasure of trying a few of their range before from generous friends which have mostly ended up in the positive scale with me. Will this one ?

Wafts of roast malt, dark fruits and yeast from the pour.

Green Flash pours dark ruby brown with a thick and creamy beige head. Roasted malt, caramel, figs, prunes and dark berries on the sweet intake while the finish is bitter dark chocolate, yeast and with warming alcohol. Dark berries, figs and dates linger in a quite fruity aftertaste. While you feel the alcohol from this it is not overpowering and taking away anything from the flavours. Silky and creamy mouthfeel.

This one was a grower on me as I was not getting along with it on the initial few sips. I ended up really enjoying this although it ended one of the 'I've tried it, now move on' type ales for me. So, while this is not one I will be buying again I would not say no to a glass if offered.

This scored 8.5/10 on the 'been there, done it' Beerometer.

Alc : 9.1%
Where to buy CPH :  Høkeren, Ravnsborggade 13, Kbh N




No comments:

Post a Comment