Wednesday 10 July 2013

Schneider Weisse - Original

Todays first Weisse was going to be a toss up between this and Weihenstephaner but of course the shop I normally buy it from was out of stock, so poor me will have to settle for this. I have drunk this many many many times before, ok a lot ! With last weeks excellent Andechser still fresh in my memory let's see how this stacks up....

Big aroma of wheat, banana and spices from the pour.

Original pours dark muddy brown with a thick off-white head. Sweet intake with wheat, some pepper and spice, banana and a touch of citrus. Quite a dry fruity acidic and bitter finish while wheat, citrus and light hops linger in the aftertaste. Smooth enough mouthfeel with peppery pricking sensation ?

One of the darkest hefeweizens I've seen. It is a pretty ugly looking beer but it certainly makes it up in taste. I think it is one of the more complex weizens as for me the flavours keep changing. I think this one and the others mentioned in this post are probably my favourite wheat beers..add the unblogged but coming hopefully soon Ayinger BrauWeisse and you can't go wrong..in my opinion of course.

This scored a familiar 9/10 on the 'weizen, wheat, hvede, wit ? ' Beerometer.

Alc : 5.4%
Where to buy CPH : Føtex





No comments:

Post a Comment