Saturday 13 July 2013

Mikkeller - Citrus Dream

It has been absolutely scorching outside today. That calls for a...light and refreshing beer, hopefully.

Aromas of citrus, pine and peach from the pour.

Citrus Dream pours a clear yellow gold with a white head. Very fruity on the intake with orange and lemon peel, malt, light floral hops and pine while the finish is dry and mildly bitter. A peachy syrup with orange and lemon zest are left lingering in the long aftertaste. This has a thin and light mouthfeel without being watery.

Well I wanted a light and refreshing beer and that is what I got. It is as it says on the bottle, a pilsner with orange and lemon peel. Very easy drinking and I would have no problem with buying or drinking a few as a session beer. My only personal gripe with this is that probably after 3 bottles I would be tired of the taste. Summing up, nice and light tasty pilsner that went down a treat on a hot summers day.

This scored 7/10 on the ' blindfolded I would not have guessed this was a pilsner ' Beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Ølbutikken or the Mikkeller & Friends bottle shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment