Tuesday 2 July 2013

Porterhouse - An Brainblásta

I'm having a week off from work this week, so today I went on a little hunt down to the local supermarket as they have a lot of American craft beer in as a nod to the fourth of july. I managed to pick up eleven different ones I have not tried before. All of which will no doubt appear in future posts after I get some old stock out the way....

After being impressed with this brewers Celebration Stout  I spotted this one hidden at the back of a beer cooler in the local corner shop(again).

I do like the blurb on this which includes "Not just for students. Once 'stuffed' savour the flavour of a glass as a digestif..true aroma therapy". I dunno about the being stuffed part as lunch was a distant memory...

Light waft of sweet malt and dark fruits.

An Brainblásta pours clear ruby red with a creamy off-white head with low carbonation. Roasted malt, caramel, some spice and floral hops on the intake while the finish is sour and lightly bitter. Bitter metallic aftertaste with prunes and figs. This has quite a light and creamy mouthfeel.

I was expecting more and feel slightly let down by this. I thought the aftertaste was a bit unpleasant and the alcohol shone a bit too much through for my liking. While it was a decent enough strong ale there was no wow or 'bejeezus, that tastes good' factor, so not one I would buy or try again. In saying that, I feel this is definitely one of them beers that are for the winter months.

This scored a generous 6/10 on the 'Tha mi ag larraidh briosgaid !' Beerometer.

Alc : 7%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V


No comments:

Post a Comment