Monday 8 July 2013

Coronado - Islander IPA

Why is it when you are on a weeks holiday that the weather is crap ? Yet once you park your arse back at work the sun appears again. Not that I'm bothered as I work outside doing green fingered things but bloody irritating when the kids are off and they want to go somewhere. What this has to do with todays beer I've no idea but let's get on with it....

Another new American brewery for me that I have never had the pleasure of trying any of their beer before.

Nice big hoppy aroma with pineapple, lemon zest, grapefruit and pine from the pour.

Islander IPA pours a clear orange gold with a thick and creamy white head. Sweet caramel malt,  peaches, grapefruit,  pine and grass on the intake while the finish is dry and very hoppy bitter. Grapefruit and orange peel linger on the hoppy aftertaste. Low carbonation with a light creamy mouthfeel. No alcohol shines through.

A bit of a hop bomb light this one, meaning there is a whole lot of hoppy bitterness in it although it certainly did not distract how much I enjoyed drinking it. Easy to drink and no complaints here. I never even noticed the abv until after I finished so not one to session on. I have no problem with buying or drinking this again as summing up, a very good quality IPA.

This scored 8/10 on the ' everybody remembers vanilla ice ice baby, but what about that other one hit wonder Snow with informer...nobody understood a word though they pretended they did.' Beerometer.

Alc : 7%
Where to buy CPH : Superbrugsen had it last week as a one-off, might be available from a bottle shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment