Friday 24 May 2013

Mikkeller Kihoskh - Døszt?

Døszt, english pronounced 'Doo -sht'..The sound made when thowing/landing a punch kung fu movie soundtrack style.

This beer is a Premium Lager that actually is Premium. It's quite shocking to think that I can choose to buy a bottle of this for 22 Danish Kroner or buy a so-called 'Premium' Euro industrial lager for just a couple of kroner less.

Brewed for my local corner shop Kihoskh, which have had eight others brewed for them over the past few years. It's one I always pick up when in there and was my favourite summer beer last year.

Big aroma from the bottle once uncapped of a big bowl of oranges and lemons and tropical fruits. Pours hazy golden with a lasting creamy head. A lot of pine, citrus and tropical fruit, I'd say mostly pineapple on the intake while leaving a dry mildly bitter aftertaste with citrus and hops that leaves your mouth running.

A belter of a beer considering the price though not really surprising as every Mikkeller beer I've had has been a cut above. This one reached 8/10 on the beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, KBH V


No comments:

Post a Comment