Tuesday 28 May 2013

Cairngorm - Nessie's Monster Mash

A bit of trepidation before opening this and wondering who it's aimed at. Either it is just a fun fun fun named beer or just some distinctly average brew aimed at the shortbread tin image tourist market to pick up before heading home. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but it was the first thing that came into my skeptical warped mind when seeing the blurb...



Clearing the blurb from my head and getting on to the beer itself. Pours dark amber with a creamy off-white head with good lacing in the glass all the way down. Lots of roasted malts and floral hops on the intake while finishing dry and bitter. Lingering toffee in the aftertaste.

Better than I was expecting with my only real gripes being it being a bit watery and over carbonated. Still, a bit above average bitter ale and very easy to drink. This scored 6/10 on my 'what's this tourist pish?' beerometer.

Alc : 4.4%
Where to buy : Unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment