Monday 27 May 2013

Cairngorm - Cairngorm Gold

Heading to halfway down this range trail I come to..sorry I can't help myself.

A small annoyance, why do some, this one included as it's on the blurb the bottle, write and it normally means a lager/pils etc 'continental styled beer' ? To me, that could mean anything,  I'd ask which continent for one then which style ?



You would not go into a shop and reply if asked what you were looking for 'ohh I'm right in the mood for a continental styled beer'. What an utter nonsense it is ! Just tell me on the bottle what the beer style is and if it's a German, Belgian, American, Scottish, Danish, English or Timbuktuan inspired brew then let people know.

On to this Blond Ale, if someone said this was a lager I would not even argue...Pours golden with a medium white creamy head. Light malts with a discreet fruity background. Next to no bitterness and hardly any aftertaste to make you think about it. Not a whole lot going on with this, it's easy to drink and a bit too watery. A bit of a duffer, very average and only reached a limp 4/10 on the beerometer.

Alc : 4.5%
Where to buy : Unknown at time of writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment