Friday 27 September 2013

Nørrebro Bryghus - X

X in this case meaning a ten year birthday for this local Copenhagen brewery which has produced some very nice brews over the years. I'll translate the bottle blurb on this so you don't have to use google....

X - To celebrate Nørrebro Bryghus's 10th anniversary we have created this celebration brew that is refreshing, but also complex 6.5% dark milk ale (eh?)with a light smoked aroma that blends in harmony with the notes of vanilla. The smell is spiced from dry hopping with a background notes from the dark malts.

Confused what that means? I was .....So it is a milk stout/porter lightly smoked, vanilla and roast malts with a prominent aroma hop ? Time to find out what this is organic brew actually is...

Light wafts of roasted malt, vanilla, dark dried fruit and baby milk powder from the pour.

X pours black with a creamy beige head. Baby milk powder(or I could just say lactose) and slightly sweet intake with roasted malt, dark chocolate and a touch of spice. Fruity and very lightly smoked finish with blackcurrant and raisins and  a dab of eucalyptus ? in the long aftertaste. Low carbonation and the mouthfeel is silky and light creamy.

To be honest and fair I am all over the place with this one as I think my tastebuds have gone haywire and the above may possibly be way off the mark. I still enjoyed it though, ain't that the main thing ? Very fruity for a stout/porter, almost to the point of saying more like a christmas brew/winter warmer. Not one I will re-visit any time soon but no problem drinking another if offered.

This scored 7/10 on the ' I've made up enough baby milk bottles in my lifetime to know that smell..do you get organic milk powder ?' Beerometer.

Alc : 6.5%
Where to buy CPH : Bought in Irma.




No comments:

Post a Comment