Sunday 18 August 2013

Mikkeller - Sort Gul

With my holiday coming to an end I might as well get back into the swing of things again.This one is styled as a black IPA.....

Light aroma of roasted malt, chocolate, hops and licorice from the pour.

Sort Gul pours black with a thick tan head. Sweet roasted malt on the hoppy intake along with dark bitter chocolate, sharp grapefruit and sweet licorice which leads into a dry and bitter citrusy finish. This leaves a long aftertaste in the mouth of grapefruit, pine and licorice. Lowly carbonated, the mouthfeel is soft and oily though not in a bad way.

Quite a weird tasting beer this one though I did enjoy it. I'm not quite sure of the all the licorice through this which of course is what I personally taste, someone else could taste something totally different. I would drink this again although it is not one I would rush out to buy. Word of warning, I ended up with a huge amont of sediment floating about in the glass after as was not paying attention when pouring, no matter to me as I don't mind however if you like it sediment free, pour carefully. Summing up, a nice enough beer if on the lookout to try something different.

This scored a generous 7/10 on the 'my least favourite Mikkeller in a long time ?' Beerometer.

Alc : 7.3%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V



No comments:

Post a Comment