Friday 23 August 2013

Coisbo - Brooklyn Fall

My first encounter with this brewer/y. (website in danish only) This is a smoked beer so as ever I'm looking forward to this...

Mild aroma of smoke, malt and coffee from the pour.

Brooklyn Fall pours clear dark brown with a quick fading beige head. Sweet intake with malt, coffee, caramel, chocolate and mild smoke in the background while the finish has a dry sweetness. Licorice and coffee linger in the aftertaste. The mouthfeel is smooth and a tiny bit oily.

I enjoyed this one but there is a few personal gripes. More smoke and less sweet please ! Halfway down the glass and I felt it was all getting a bit samey. Not that I had trouble finishing it nor would say no to another, I just would not rush out and buy one. Personally with smoked beers I like the feeling that I am drinking bonfire with half a kilo of bacon on top while this is more like subdued roasted ham thats been burnt a bit. Summing up, decent enough one to try if you like lightly smoked beer.

This scored 6.5/10 on the 'bacon, you can never have enough' Beerometer.

Alc : 6.5%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V










No comments:

Post a Comment