Friday 2 August 2013

Braunstein - Viking IPA

Braunstein for me is another micro that churns out lots and lots of mainly average organic beer in various disguises, very similar to Ørbæk . I have blogged about Økologisk Sommer not that long ago which I did not think a lot of. I do like the fact they list all the ingredients on their website (in danish) which gives me the information this is brewed as a single hop, Amarillo. That is something that I wish more breweries would do. I have tried this one before when it was non-organic so I am wondering if there will be any differences...

From the pour, next to nothing on the aroma front on this, apart from some malt and faint hops, which is a bit worrying for an IPA.

Viking IPA pours a cloudy orange gold with a white head. Sweetish fruity intake with malt, grass and light floral hops in the background. The finish is dry and mildly bitter. Light flowery hops and a touch of grapefruit linger in the aftertaste. The mouthfeel is thin and a bit watery.

I looked back at my pre-blog beer notes and I have the non-organic version as citrus, hoppy, grapefruit....this version has basically none of that. Non-Organic FC  1 - 0  FC Organic. Not one I would buy or drink again. Summing up, dull as dishwater 'IPA' that if blindfolded would never guess it was styled as one.

This scored 2.5/10 on the 'if the vikings were as tame as this they would have got the shit kicked out of them everywhere' Beerometer.

Alc : 6 %
Where to buy CPH : Bought in Netto but also available in other supermarkets.


No comments:

Post a Comment