Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lagunitas - Imperial Red Ale

Another day, another empty bottle for the collection. I have not had a bad beer yet from Lagunitas so quite looking forward to this one...

Wafts of malt, hops and some pine from the pour.

Red Ale pours amber red with a frothy off-white head which had good duration.  Sweet malty intake with caramel, pine and hops while the finish is fruity and bitter. Floral hops, malt and caramel linger in the metallic bitter aftertaste. The mouthfeel is a bit oily though not unpleasant. No alcohol shone through.

Nothing wows me here but it is a good solid ale that was very easy to drink. I did like the malty base to this as it lingered a good while in the mouth in the aftertaste. I should say I do like malty brews anyway but that is just a personal preference. I would have no problems drinking this again although it is not one I would rush out to buy. Summing up, yet another very decent brew from Lagunitas that is well worth a try. Do they make a bad one ? Answers on a postcard please.

This scored a generous 7.5/10 on the ' I'm running out of ideas what to say here now' Beerometer.

Alc : 7.8%
Where to buy CPH : I can't remember where I got this one. I will edit if I do find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment