Thursday 8 August 2013

Deschutes - Mirror Pond Pale Ale

This is one that has been hiding at the back of my beer shelf and bought in the now infamous American craft beer week at the start of July. Having tried the Inversion IPA which I really enjoyed I am looking forward to this....

For me, this has a mild pleasant aroma of malt, citrus, hops and rye bread from the pour.

Mirror pond Pale Ale pours hazy orange amber with a creamy off-white head. Quite a sweet malty intake with caramel, pine and hops. The finish is dry and has a mild hoppy bitterness. This has a very nice malty caramel aftertaste with some citrus bitterness.  Lowly carbonated, the mouthfeel is smooth and light creamy.

An ale dominated by the malt and caramel, which is ok in my book as it is not overly sweet and is balanced out by the mild hops. Light and easy to drink I enjoyed this one without being blown away by it. I would have no problem buying or drinking another. Summing up, very decent pale ale which is worth looking out for.

This scored 7/10 on the ' I thought I had drunk this one, bonus !' beerometer.

Alc : 5%
Where to buy CPH : Unknown at time of writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment