Tuesday 20 August 2013

Fort Collins - Rocky Mountain IPA

After having two lazy weeks holiday I need to start writing a hell of a lot more frequently as A -  I have a huge backlog, B - I have a christmas stout in the fermentation bin and C - I need the empty bottles. Not my first meet with a Fort Collins brew. I bought this one at the same time but kind of forgot I had it, let's see what it is like....

A light aroma of malt, biscuit, caramel, pine and citrus from the pour.

Rocky Mountain pours an orange amber with a creamy off-white head. Biscuity malt on the intake along with floral hops, pine and citrus while the finish is dry and quite bitter. This has a short aftertaste with pine, citrus and more of that malty goodness. Light to medium bodied the mouthfeel is light and creamy.

Another which is very malty for an IPA, though I don't mind that at all. Quite a mix of flavours which gave the tastebuds a good kicking with the bitter hops in the finish. I enjoyed this one so no hesitation with buying or drinking another. Summing up...starts all nice and friendly with malt biscuits, ends aggressive and bitter. Worth looking out for.

This scored a generous 7.5/10 on the '1 down , 59 to go' Beerometer.

Alc : 6.2 %
Where to buy CPH : Seen in Fakta last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment