Thursday 29 August 2013

Dogfish Head - 60 Minute IPA

Most people will have heard of Dogfish Head from the Discovery Channel series Brew Masters. Looking up their beer menu on their website there is quite a few extreme beers to choose from, just the thought of the stewed ale turns my stomach. Not my first time with this brewery as I have tried the 90 minute IPA which was excellent. So how will the little brother to it do ?......

Very nice aroma of malt along with hops, citrus and peach from the pour.

60 minute IPA pours hazy amber orange with a creamy white head. Sweet malty intake with pine resin, citrus, caramel and light floral hops while the finish is dry and bitter. Lots of fruit in the sharp and short aftertaste with grapefruit and orange peel most prominent. Quite highly carbonated the mouthfeel is gassy and watery.

This one ticks all the boxes for me from what I think an IPA should taste like. I am not quite sure I would class this a session beer as they suggest as the ABV is over the limit of what I personally class a session beer but hey, that is just me, a few jars maybe then that would be it. ;) I really liked this one and have no problem buying again or saying 'yes please' to another. Summing up, rock solid IPA worth looking out for to try.

This scored 8.5/10 on the 'Please sir, can I have some more ?' Beerometer.

Alc : 6%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V.


No comments:

Post a Comment