Wednesday 28 August 2013

Brewdog - Fake Lager

It has been a while since I last posted a brew from Brewdog.  Not that I have not drunk any as punk ipa is a regular in my house. So I picked this one up today and the first thing that struck me, no pretentious label blurb to laugh at. Like come on, is the label fake as well ? So I hunted down the description...

Fake is the new black. Fake is where it is at. Fake Art, fake brands, fake breasts, and fake lager. We want to play our part in the ugly fallout from the Lager Dream. Say hello to Fake Lager – a 21st century faux masterpiece.

Awwww they never let me down, brilliant ! :) I quite like their 77 lager so how will this bohemian Czech pilsner compare...

A light waft of sweet malt, grass and hops from the pour.

Fake Lager pours hazy orange gold with frothy white head. Very nice malt taste on the intake along with biscuit, grass and hops ending with a mild to medium bitter finish. The aftertaste is more malt and hops, saaz and ? The mouthfeel is as expected, watery.

Much like the 77 lager this is a good step above the usual industrials. The amount of malt surprised me and there was nothing crisp about it, more of a sharp hoppy ending. To me this tasted like a cross between a malt heavy German and a saaz laden Czech. I enjoyed this one and would have no problem buying or drinking again. Summing up, a huge step above mass produced industrial crap.

This scored 7/10 on the 'Fake chinese digital' Beerometer.

Alc : 4.7%
Where to buy CPH : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V


No comments:

Post a Comment