Wednesday 14 August 2013

Traquair House- Jacobite Ale

Playing safe on choosing this as a lazy and rainy afternoon sipper while vegetating ? I have had this one hiding at the back of my beer cupboard for around 3 years now. I think they put a 10 year best before date on this as this was has dec 2019 printed on...

Lovely aroma of port wine?, roasted malt, plums and dark fruits from the pour.

Jacobite Ale pour dark ruby red with a quick diminishing tan head. Roasted malt, raisins, chocolate and spices on the sweet intake. The finish is quite bitter and spicy. This has a long fruity christmas pudding type aftertaste with ripe plums and dark berries. Mouthfeel is smooth and creamy. Although you can feel the warmth of the alcohol it does not interfere with the taste of the ale and is well hidden.

What a cracking ale that was a pleasure to drink. I wonder when this is at its absolute best ? I really enjoyed this one and would have no problems with buying a few of these and just letting them age. Summing up, in my view a perfect strong ale/winter warmer for drinking by a roaring fire..or in my case a tepid radiator.

This scored a jaw dropping 9/10 on the 'I'm lost for words' Beerometer.

Alc : 8 %
Where to buy CPH : Seen in Høkeren, Ravnsborggade 13, Kbh N the last time I was in.


No comments:

Post a Comment