Sunday 26 May 2013

Mikkeller - Åarh Hvad ?

Another Mikkeller from fridays trip to Kihoskh, though not a 'brewed for', just Mikkeller.

It seems like there is a new Mikkeller beer out each week, well there is and a bit more according to the local beer news site. Last year Mikkeller released 91 new beers, 87 made their way to the Danish market which is an incredible amount.

Årrh Hvad ?, eng: pronounced like Orrr -val(very soft l) -putting it together sounds like Orval, is a Belgian Pale Ale. So is it a clone of Orval ? Pours cloudy amber and with a soapy off-white head. Lively in the glass when poured. I get pine, caramel, orange peel and sour gooseberry on the intake while the finish is dry and tangy with a warming from the alcohol which lingers in the mouth a good while.

I'm very moody when it comes to Belgian ales, either I love them or they can become overpowering and too much very quickly. I did enjoy this one but doubt I would bother buying another though I would not say no if offered one. This scored 7.5/10 on my lazy sunday beerometer.

Alc : 6.8%
Where to buy : Kihoskh, Sønder Boulevard 53, Kbh V






No comments:

Post a Comment